Has a stubborn frown line made itself at home between your eyebrows? Even when you aren’t actually frowning, is it there? Taunting you and making you look perpetually annoyed? You are not alone. Frown lines, sometimes referred to as glabellar lines, “the 11s” or forehead furrows, appear from repeated muscle movement over time, a loss of elastin production in your skin, sun exposure and heredity.
Frown lines on many people produce a tired, upset or even angry look that detracts from a pleasant facial appearance. If you are sick of people telling you to cheer up or why you are angry, a number of aesthetic options are available to help diminish this effect of aging.
How Do I Diminish The Appearance of Frown Lines?
We can’t address your heredity or genetic makeup unfortunately. However, at MD TLC we do offer several methods of treating frown lines, forehead furrows and 11’s.
This #1 non-surgical cosmetic procedure performed in the United States offers a relatively quick and easy fix for the furrowing frown lines. When injected into targeted muscles, Botox, Dysport or Xeomin will block nerve signals which in turn relaxes the muscles giving you a more carefree and relaxed look.
The old saying that nothing lasts forever is true in terms of permanent solutions for deep furrowed frown lines, but dermal fillers do provide viable treatment options that have been proven to last up to 6 to 12 months.
Smooth and Twist Threads can build collagen by placing under the skin and as the thread dissolves it is replaced with a fibrous band of collagen lasting about one year. This is ideal for areas that are “high risk” for injecting with filler or in areas where too much filler creates a stiff, unnatural appearance.
When administered with attention and care by Dr. Quibell, a national trainer of neuromodulators and volume fillers, the above options can be very effective.
Additional Preventative Measures
- Wear sunglasses. Sunglasses help prevent you from squinting because of the sun. UVA and UVB blocking sunglasses also help prevent cataract formation.
- Moisturize daily and have a consistent physician recommended skincare regimen that includes an ingredient for exfoliation and removal of damaged collagen.
- Getting a full night’s sleep will help cut down on stress, a primary source of wrinkles. And sleep on your back to control aging from face down sleeping!
- Eat a healthy, antioxidant-rich diet that includes healthy fats that is well balanced for your own unique needs.
* Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.